The Australian Government is delivering on its plan to build a stronger and more prosperous Western Sydney by investing $2.9 billion over ten years in major infrastructure upgrades that will transform the region’s economy.
The Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan involves major road and transport linkages that will capitalise on the economic gains from developing an airport at Badgerys Creek whilst boosting the local economy and liveability of Western Sydney, making it an even greater place to live and do business.
This investment will relieve pressure on existing infrastructure and unlock the economic capacity of the region by easing costly congestion, slashing travel times and creating thousands of local jobs.
This programme includes:
- upgrade of The Northern Road to a minimum of four lanes from Narellan to Jamison Road, Penrith;
- construction of a new east-west motorway to the airport between the M7 Motorway and The Northern Road (to be known as the M12 Motorway);
- upgrade of Bringelly Road to a minimum of four lanes between The Northern Road and Camden Valley Way;
- construction of the Werrington Arterial Road by upgrading Kent Road and Gipps Street to four lanes between the Great Western Highway and the M4 Motorway;
- upgrade of the intersection of Ross Street and the Great Western Highway;
- and a $200 million package for local roads upgrades, to be delivered across five rounds over ten years.
The Australian Government has also announced that Badgerys Creek will be the site for a new airport for Western Sydney. Further details on this announcement can be found on the Western Sydney airport website.
The Government is strongly committed to the Western Sydney region, where a new airport would be a major generator of economic activity—providing employment opportunities closer to where people in Western Sydney live.
In the early 2030s, the proposed airport is expected to generate nearly 9,000 direct jobs, with around 6,900 indirect jobs in the surrounding area. As the airport grows, more jobs will be generated. By 2063, there will be approximately 60,000 direct jobs.
RPR Trades are partners assisting with these projects with their Labour Hire needs. We are always looking for trades qualified staff who are ready to join projects that will make a difference in our future. Visit our website for vacant opportunities in Sydney.